NO TO 'SIGA'

I agree so much with our Mayor and even to their disagreement to the proposed Coal-powered-plant by the Aboitiz company. The Olongapeño's message to protect the environement and the community's health is very clear.

However, contrary what is being said to the public, in New Cabalan Sanitary Landfill there is this big "siga" apparent to those commuters (possibly are visitors from other regions such as Manila) who pass by New Cabalan hi-way on their way to Olongapo proper.

The smoke coming from the burning mountain of garbage often envelopes Purok 1 Libas, New Cabalan where the vehicles from Olongapo proper-Manila pass by. I am one of the resident of New Cabalan have felt certain dismay knowing that more than 10 years that the people of Olongapo are paying garbage fees and nothing seem done well with the waste management. Though recently, I have received newletters from this group regarding a certain garbage bin that will be imported expressing that this is one of the steps that are to be taken in relation to the waste management in the city. Frankly, I have high hopes on that.

It is just that the recent scenario now at New Cabalan has been giving me this doubts again. I am a person who would not want to blame the government for I have accepted the loopholes in the government system with my experience working in the government for almost five years now - almost 3 years in Gordon College, more than a year in SBMA.

There's so much that I hope to express. Please don't take this as a critism. These are mere observations. I am for progress and development and everyone is, right?

By daisyduck,
http://subicbaynews.blogspot.com/2009/01/no-to-siga.html#comments

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sangi passed like a breeze in Gapo, not much rain but with some wind, thanks