comment on post "SBMA orders probe vs Hanjin

SBMA orders probe vs Hanjin over deaths of 2 worke...":


John has left a new comment on your post "SBMA orders probe vs Hanjin over deaths of 2 worke...":

I am sorry for the lose to these two families as for the others that have died at this new shipyard.

It is very upsetting to me that the Philippines Gov't and the SBMA in its energy to bring in more investments to the old Subic Naval Bases, that it has FAILED to fully hold accountable these companies with strict safety rules and laws.

To me, I think Hanjin is and has FAILED to take ANY corrective actions on their POOR safety practices. How many Filipinos are going to be killed until the Philippines Gov't takes any actions????

FOr me, I think each famliy that has a death in Hanjin should be awarded $500,000.00 in cash. Until Hanjin is held to a higher standard in the safety of all its workers, then they should be hit in their profits...

I would also put those that FAIL to take the appropriate actions to correct these safety issues in jail..

As an American who has lived in Subic Bay with the Navy for 5.5 years and has many Filipino friends in the area, I think the Philippines Gov't is failing it's people in letting these POOR safety practices continue. I say shut them down till they get their act together..



Posted by John to Olongapo Subic News at 6/18/2008 10:34 AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sangi passed like a breeze in Gapo, not much rain but with some wind, thanks