HEAlth CARE SYSTEM

HAVE LIVED HERE +UTILIZED THE HEAlth CARE SYSTEM HERE A FEW TIMES + SURE WONT ARGUE THE POINT WITH YOU ! HAD BETTER LUCK WHEN I USED A SPECIALLEST. SUSPECT WHEN I HAVE ANYTHING SERIOUS , IT,LL BE ST LUKES IN MANILA WHICH IS OVER 3 HOURS AWAY OR BACK TO THE US TO HAVE IT TAKEN CARE OF . HAVE LIVED IN SUBIC BAY FOR OVER THREE YEARS , BEEN LOOKING FOR BETTER HEALTH CARE , IT DOESNT EXIST HERE!!!
THANKS FOR THE CONFIRMATION,, jIM

alan john cook wrote: I feel I should make a responsible comment about the Philippines being an ideal retirement place in which to live following the comment by Mr. Carballo that "Healthcare services in the Philippines is at par with the world's best, though not as expensive." This is most definitely NOT that case! By your countrys' own admission, there have been more than 5000 hospitals closed in the last 5 years (mainly because they can't get staff to work in them - they all want to get out of this country, like everyone else!). My own experience over several years of living in the Philippines tells me that the standards of medical care/treatment/facilities are amongst the WORST in the world. In fact there is NO DOUBT that my wife and son would have died, had my wife delivered our son here due to emergency complications - my baby son was in Intensive Care for more than two weeks and my wife almost died on the operating table. There is NO WAY they would have survived the Philippines medical services. Our nephew was taken to the doctor - he had a bit of a chesty cough. The 'doctor' tapped his chest 3 times with his finger ans pronounced that the child had asthma! Some diagnosis, some doctor! I could write endlessly about these horror stories about the medical services of the Philippines, but the above is sufficient to give you an idea.

Needless to say, although I'm married to a Filipina and have spent several years in the Philippines, I will NOT be retiring there - mainly BECAUSE of the extremely poor medical services. I suggest that Mr.Carballo has never lived abroad - certainly not in the developed world and therefore knows nothing about what he writes. I have lived in many countries and visited even more, and the Philippines is the worst place I've ever lived in or been to - by far! It's a country that is going backwards - not developing at all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sangi passed like a breeze in Gapo, not much rain but with some wind, thanks